1 lime, sliced with slices cut in half
1 large orange, sliced, with slices quartered
1 cup spiced rum
1 bottle Merlot (we like Robert Mondavi)
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup white sugar
1 L Sprint
- Have the fruit, rum, wine, and orange juice well chilled.
- Mix the rum and sugar. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, blend the rum with sugar, Merlot, and orange juice. Stir well.
- Add fruit slices and stir.
- Gently pour Sprint on top. Very gently stir.
- When ready to serve, crush the fruit lightly with a wooden spoon.